"Tomb Raider II"
- Computer Gaming World, October 1997 (#159)
- Scanned by CGW Museum
- Nowadays, this guy would be running a fan Tumblr.
"Escape From Monkey Island"
- Computer Gaming World, February 2001 (#199)
- via CGW Museum
"Velocibox" [Trailer, Web]
- Uploaded by Shawn Beck, via YouTube
"Famicom Disk Writer Kiosk" [Flyer, Japan]
- via Netaatoz
In Japan the [Famicom] would get one last accessory: the Disk System was designed as major a cost-cutting storage device that would not only offer cheaper games to the consumer, but also bypass retail costs: as well as selling Disk games, Nintendo went on to place dedicated ‘Disk Writer’ machines in hundreds of shopping centres and convenience stores all around Japan, allowing users to choose and pay for a title on the spot.
The format started off well, but suffered from minor hardware faults, and eventually rampant piracy from mainland Asia: bootleg disks became rife, and Nintendo eventually discontinued support of the format in 1991.
"Virtual Boy" [Commercial, USA]
- Uploaded by Nintendoland124, via YouTube
- Suddenly, the Virtual Boy’s fate as a flop isn’t all that surprising…
"Blockade" [Arcade Flyer]
- via The Arcade Flyer Archive
- Inventor of the “Snake” game!
"005" [Arcade Flyer]
- via the Arcade Flyer Archive
- One of the earliest stealth video games was this forgotten arcade game developed by Sega, with the forgotten arcade developer Gremlin Industries. Interestingly enough, it was also an early video game about spies stealing intelligence briefcases.